NoiseTrade Widget

Thursday, August 19, 2010

This is why I sing

The leaving of a beloved church family is enough to rip a heart into many pieces. Watching your children leave their friends behind is enough to blur the senses. The precipice of a new ministry is daunting, exhilarating. It is the pounding that happens in your chest when you hold your breath. And yet, the unsureness of it all is so safely bound up in the sureness of God's sovereignty that it is entirely possible to step without reservation and without fear.

And this is why I sing.

For when I am weak, He is so very strong. When I am wrong, He is still always right. When I doubt, He is still faithful. And when He reminds me Who is on the throne, He is so very gracious.

On this precipice, my hand is in His and my face is fixed like flint. I look ahead in pursuit and in trust, and exhale.

"True worship is to be so personally and hopelessly in love with God that the idea of a transfer of affection never even remotely exists." A.W. Tozer Whatever Happened to Worship?

1 comment:

Stephanie Worth said...

Sing On, my friend!