NoiseTrade Widget

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Home

One of my dearest friends asked me yesterday, "So how do you know when you're home?"

She was referring, in part, to a life submitted to Christ's call; Will it always be a life of uncertainty about how long you will live in a certain place, or will the Lord ever bless us with an awareness of finally home?

Many of us know that a life given to the ministry of the Gospel is often full of changes of address. I don't believe, however, that it is always only "credentialed" ministers who give their lives and addressed to Christ. As someone whose family is surrendered to the ministry of the Gospel, my friend's question is one I have considered before many times. In considering it afresh yesterday, I will remain firm in the answer I gave to her:

I think a life of finally home looks like total engagement now with the people you are given to love now. The Lord may choose to move you again to a new people, but you will always know you are home if you wholeheartedly invest in those you are given to minister to and with now.

And with that, I want to praise my Father, who has given me so many finally home years and places and people. Our stories are forever connected, whether we are home together now or not.





















No comments: