NoiseTrade Widget

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Challenge

My friend Heather challenged me to blog 7 random things about myself. Good thing my thoughts, in general, are often very random.

1. You can take a girl out of the Maritimes, but you can't take the Maritimes out of the girl, eh?

2. I was a kilt-wearing, sword-steppin', toe-pointing highland dancer for nearly 10 years of my life. (Don't ask....it didn't stick.)

3. Favorite teenage memory...driving around in my parents' chevy cavalier the summer I was 16, listening to good old Elton John as loud as I could stand it. Ahhhh....Elton. Too bad about his passionate, Anti-Christian beliefs.

4. I became a Believer when I was pregnant with my first son. I was baptized when I was pregnant with my second son. I began to learn how to be an actual Christ-follower as my daughter was learning to walk. I am continuing to grow in the Lord....but I don't plan on any more kids! :)

5. I tend to forgive and forget....and apologize and forget too. If a relationship has been in disrepair, but then restored, I can't even look back and remember what the problem was in the first place. My husband complimented me about this today by saying it was Christ-like to be able to continue to move forward without harboring resentment. In the past, though, I have always thought of it as brain-fogginess or forgetfulness. I like his description better. :)

(So...if we have had a relational breakdown in the past, trust me, I can't remember why!)

6. I love our Youth Group. They rock!

7. I am very blessed to have the husband I do...someone who challenges me in my walk with the Lord; someone who is unafraid to be challenged in his. I love him more truly and deeply today than I did the day I became his wife.

How's that for random thoughts? :) Thanks for the challenge, Heather.

******Along with this challenge, I'm also supposed to challenge 7 of MY friends to do the same. I choose Liz Brewer, Kelly Thomas, Kristi Benson (I'd especially love to hear her new-baby-sleep-deprived random facts), Angela MacPherson, Melinda McNeil (you KNOW you want to come back to Blogger!), Lor Mitchell, and my dear husband Scott....TAG, YOU'RE IT!***********

6 comments:

Shelly Marie Condon said...

OK...now I know I'm boring... your random comments are awesome.. I would give anything to see a photo of you in a kilt!!! Thanks for sharing!

Shell

Heather said...

I agree with Shelly on the photo request! Thanks for taking on the challenge. I forgot in my challenge however to suggest that you issue a challenge to 7 friends - oops! I enjoy reading these things about people and would love to learn about more people.

Christa said...

I would love to SEE you wearing a kilt with a sword and dancing all at the same time!:)

Elizabeth said...

Haha...no dice on the photo, ladies!

Kelly said...

This is cool. 7 Random things...you wouldn't think that'd be too hard. ;) I'll get right on it.

Unknown said...

Oh sheesh!! It's January 2nd and I've only now read this!!!

aghhh!!!! Have I missed my challenge???