NoiseTrade Widget

Sunday, November 25, 2007

My sometimes-aspirations

It has happened, on occasion, that I have aspired to some different things. Sometimes I think I'd like to try these things. Some of them I may still. They are in no particular order.

1. Being a movie soundtrack composer.
2. Inventing something cool.
3. Living in community.
4. Joining with my husband on his dream profession: Youth Pastor by day, Rock star by night.
5. Adopting a brood of unchosen children.
6. Moving to Nashville to be a studio musician.
7. Selling all my possessions.
8. Being a cartoon voice-over voice.
9. Having a family band with a name cooler than "The Rhyno Family".
10. Living life as a hermit.*

* This one is definitely dependent on my mood. :)

Clearly I have multiple paths of interest.

8 comments:

theajthomas said...

So here is what you do.
Start a band with your kids (9 and 4) Figure out which instruments your family can play and then adopt kids who play the rest of the instruments you need (5). You will want great instruments and sound gear so you will have to sell everything else to afford that (7). In vent a large vehicle that is a tour bus, sleeping quarters/rehersal space (2) and live in it (3). Once you make it huge there will be lots of records to record (6) and even a cartoon movie bassed on your life (8). Eventually the stress will get to you and you will send the kids off to college and move up into the mountians for some peace and quiet (10). See it would be easy to do it all.

Elizabeth said...

I knew you could figure that out for me.

#11 Hire AJ as my peon.

Kelly said...

I've definitely considered life in hermit-hood on more than one occasion.

Maria Purviance said...

i love living in community. that's one thing i miss about ywam. i too would love to adopt. why does it have to be so expensive!??!

Anonymous said...

Great list. I'm not a big dreamer but some of mine would be:

1) Run an orphanage
2) Travel and sing with others professionally
3) architect
4) Be a crunchy/granola type person and make, grow, build all our own stuff
5) Live with the Amish
6) Play an instrument
7) Write a book
8) Be a secret agent(working for the good guys..of course)
9) Be a professional baby namer (this one stems from childhood..weird I know)
10) And I like the hermit idea too..

Melinda

Elizabeth said...

Haha...Melinda, you're one of my favorite people in the whole world! :)

Lor & Josh said...

I would say a good 3/4 of that list is quite probably for your life actually. and moving to nashville with be much easier after you sell all your possessions. perhaps you should adopt the brood of children post nashville though. and then you could name your band "the rhyno family and brood"

Shelly Marie Condon said...

Rhyno family band... I think you should start there!!!! I would be first in line to buy your first CD!