NoiseTrade Widget

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Missing and Clinging

Today I am missing some of the things the Lord has asked me to give up in following Him to this part of the ministry adventure with Him...I am missing my home, yet praying it would sell so I can let go completely. I'm missing my dog, yet praying that she finds joy in her new family. I'm missing my studio, and praying the Lord would help me to find that creative spark inside of me which I have been longing for since moving. I am missing the physical space to be alone and quiet in my head, and the hours and hours I once had to simply connect with the Lord and create.

I miss these things. And yet, once again God proves to be sufficient.

This is not my house, but it is comfortable, warm and dry, and central to all that life holds at the moment. Less space means more family time all in one spot - more necessary growth in grace, more game nights, more opportunities taken for conversation and less for escape. I don't have my studio, but God has given me the time and opportunity to learn the guitar, giving me a new perspective in the music I create. He has also given me this smaller instrument to have in our apartment to enjoy as I sing to the Lord...I can't fit my piano, but I can fit a guitar! I miss being prolific with what I write, but I see deeper faith in the lyrics that do come out...my next recording project will be filled with tears, repentance, challenge, and belief.

And so this season of giving up is really a season in finding grace in the bountiful provision of the Lord. Father, help me to continue to recognize You in the giving up. Help me to let go and cling to You alone.

No comments: